Read below or download above a copy of our client bill of rights, because we believe you deserve excellence!
OUR CLIENT’S BILL OF RIGHTS
1. You will be treated with courtesy and consideration at all times by your lawyer and the other lawyers and personnel in your lawyer’s office.
2. You will be assigned to an attorney capable of handling your legal matter competently and diligently, in accordance with the highest standards of the profession. If you are not satisfied with how your matter is being handled, you may contact Lynda L. Hinkle to discuss your concerns and, if desired and if approved by the court when in the midst of litigation, you may substitute out your attorney for another in this or another law firm.
3. You will receive your lawyer’s independent professional judgment and undivided loyalty uncompromised by conflicts of interest. You will not be told that you should pursue a course of action just so that our office can charge more. If we think you are better served by another attorney or by no attorney at all, we will tell you so.
4. You will be assessed a reasonable fee as explained in your retainer agreement. You will receive an itemized bill at regular intervals, and if you have any questions about it we will listen and, if appropriate, make adjustments.
5. You are entitled to have your questions and concerns addressed in a prompt manner and to have your telephone calls returned promptly. We endeavor to return calls within one business day in almost every case.
6. You will be kept informed as to the status of your matter and to request and receive copies of papers. You are entitled to sufficient information to allow you to participate meaningfully in the development of your matter.
7. You will have your legitimate objectives respected by your attorney, including whether or not to settle your matter (court approval of a settlement is required in some matters).
8. You have the right to privacy in your dealings with your lawyer and to have your secrets and confidences preserved to the extent permitted by law.
9. We strive to abide not by just the highest professional standards required by law, but by a higher moral code as well. We do not take advantage of people. We do not exploit our clients. We will not lie to you – or the other side, or the courts – and we will not cheat you or help you cheat someone else. What we will do is fight for you, for your rights, and for your goals, to the fullest capacity under the law. You deserve a lawyer with integrity.
10. You will not be refused representation or otherwise discriminated against on the basis of gender, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
For a free consultation about your legal matter, call us at (856) 227-7888, or contact us at email@example.com. We have locations in Camden, Burlington, and Gloucester counties, and are happy to discuss your legal options.
The above is not specific legal advice nor does it create a lawyer-client relationship. Do not rely upon it without consulting an attorney to see how the information presented fits your unique circumstances.